Thursday, April 4, 2013

Cooking With Nancy


Cookbook author Nancy N.
Wilson
Cookbook author, Nancy N. Wilson, has a series of cookbooks available for anyone who wants to shine in the kitchen.

Here's what Nancy has to say about herself:

All things beautiful are my passion. I enjoy anything that a masterful hand creates. Writing is one of those, cooking is two, development of the human spirit is the third, and finally leadership development. The first two captured my interest and imagination at a very young age, the last two came much later. 

I began my love affair with cooking when I was very young. As soon as I could reach the counter top my mother gave me free reign in the kitchen. I was allowed to mix and mix and mix, building my masterpieces. They were nothing more that wild combinations of flour, sugar, spices, and water, but to me it was creating at its best. When I finished with each endeavor, we tossed it all and happily cleaned up the kitchen, looking forward to the next time. My creative spirit in the kitchen had taken root.

My first adventure in writing came my senior year in high school when I decided to take a writing correspondence course, which was very forward-looking for the time. I experienced the first thrill of putting pen to paper, and all these years later it is still one of the most pleasurable activities in my life.

The power of the human spirit and an understanding of the personal power we all possess came in my mid- to late-forties when I found myself a divorced and a single-mother of four children - two teenage daughters and two young boys. Suddenly, I was on my own and had to find a way to make it all work. I decided to thrive, rather than just survive my new life circumstances. The next few years were filled with deep personal introspection and self-discovery, which was amazing and life changing.
Leadership Development, specifically in business, is an interest that blossomed as a result of my work as a corporate consultant and master trainer with emphasis on developing strong leaders and managers in the corporate setting. Even though I no longer work in that arena, my desire to help others with their leadership skills has never waned. 

If I had my druthers, I would write all the time. In fact, that is pretty much what I do because I have reached a point in my life where it is now possible. 


 

Nancy's Cookbooks


DINNER – 55 Easy Recipes (Volume I – Mama’s Legacy Series)


 




This is a MUST HAVE cookbook for all busy moms and dads who want to feed their families well. 

 

This first volume in the Mama’s Legacy Series includes some of my personal favorites among the hundreds of recipes that I have collected over the years. Even though I was married for the first 20 years of my children's lives, I always had to work - so there was never a lot of extra time for cooking.  As a result, I was always on the lookout for recipes that were easy to prepare in the shortest amount of time possible and at a cost that would allow me to stay within my budget.

I have other recipes that are more complicated, but I wanted
 
to begin with the easier family favorites that met the above criteria. Most of the recipes in this volume range from very easy to easy, with only a few that are slightly more difficult.

Enjoy the collection and jump right in with the easiest to prepare: Balsamic Pork Chops, Carne Asada, Linguini with Clam Sauce, and Baked Mac and Cheese Casserole. Then, try them all! Find the ones you love to prepare and the ones your family enjoys the most. Enjoy
this new infusion into your recipe repertoire.

 

 

Breakfast and Brunch – 60 Delicious Recipes (Volume II – Mama’s Legacy Series)





Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day and this little cookbook is filled with my family’s favorites that I couldn’t wait to share with you!

 

Breakfast and Brunch, Volume II of the Mama's Legacy Series is a collection of 60 scrumptiously delicious recipes that you and your family will love. This is a new and updated version of the cookbook with almost twice the number of recipes that were included in the original version.

I have tried to offer a variety of recipes from my collection. The recipes include tasty
 easy breakfast dishes that can be put together quickly for those busy mornings when everyone is going in a million directions.

 

There is a great selection of healthy, easy-to-make smoothies for those days when there is no time for a full meal. Or, when you have the time, choose more elaborate offerings that work well for a big Sunday breakfast or a special brunch prepared for friends.

 

For family-pleasing breakfasts, you will definitely want to try my special “hidden secret” versions of Old-fashioned Pancakes, Yummy Waffles, and Not-so-Traditional French Toast to name a few.

 

This is a wonderful cookbook filled with breakfast delights that you do not want to miss!

 

 

DESSERT – 50 Scrumptious Recipes (Volume III – Mama’s Legacy Series)


Dessert can make an ordinary dinner seem extraordinary!
 

The choices in Dessert – 50 Scrumptious Recipes,  Volume III in the Mama’s Legacy Series range from the best recipe for America's favorite cookie, Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies  -  to melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cakes, spectacular puddings, traditional and not-so-traditional pies and a large selection of unique special desserts.


You will find 
easy dessert ideas in almost every category - chocolate desserts, banana desserts, lunchbox desserts, Christmas desserts, Thanksgiving desserts and even healthy desserts. 

Three of the recipes are so easy and wonderful that you will wonder how you lived so long without them: Chocolate Ice Cream Pie, World's Best Cheesecake, and Floating Island. Try them first! The first two are long-standing favorites in the author's family for birthday dinners and holiday desserts and the last was one was discovered while working as a corporate consultant in Switzerland. 

With this cookbook, you will have a cache of wonderful dessert ideas - "sweets" that will please your family today, and can be passed down through the generations for all to enjoy.

 

 

CHICKEN – 25 Classic Dinners (Volume IV – Mama’s Legacy Series)


 




This is the perfect collection of classic chicken recipes that every good cook should know how to prepare.

The dishes in
Chicken – 25 Classic Dinners, Volume IV in the Mama's Legacy Series will not only please your family today, but can be passed down through the generations for others to enjoy. In addition to a variety of wonderful traditional recipes, there are a few unique recipes for the busy modern day woman or man who loves to cook and wants to feed his/her family well.

Chicken has always been the primary meat served in our home, so I have tried almost every kind of chicken
 recipe there is. The only non-chicken recipe in the collection is a bonus - my personal Thanksgiving Turkey and Dressing recipe that I couldn't resist sharing. 

The 25 recipes range from quick and easy pasta dishes to more complicated fare such as 
Chicken Divan, Chicken Étouffé, and Coq Au Vin. None of them are particularly difficult, but a few require extra time to prepare well.

 

You will want to try every recipe because they are all delicious. Happy Cooking!

 

 

 

Mexican Favorites – 21 Traditional Recipes (Volume V – Mama’s Legacy Series)


The hot spiciness and rich flavors of Mexican Food make it a favorite across the U.S.  Now you can make it at home!

 

Mexican Favorites – 21 Traditional Recipes,  is Volume V of the Mama's Legacy's Cookbook Series is the only ethnic cookbook in the series, but I had to include it because Mexican food is my life-long favorite type of food and these are the best recipes I have found for making authentic dishes at home.

 

Mexican food was an integral part of my youth and was the only "eating out" experience I knew until I left my small hometown in Southern Arizona to attend college.

The recipes are
 traditional Mexican food  as commonly prepared in Southern Arizona. There is a little taste of everything from my own Homemade Tacos to Spicy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes to Creamy Margaritas and Flan (a very tasty traditional dessert).


I hope you and your family enjoy the recipes and much as my family does.

 

 

SIDE DISH RECIPES (Volume VI – Mama’s Legacy Series)


Lean how to conquer the side dish challenge!

 

Creative, well-prepared side-dishes complete the meal.  

 

When planning a meal, the main dish and the dessert are often fairly easy choices, side dishes are a little more difficult. The tendency is to prepare the same old things meal after meal. This collection of side dish recipes will help you get out of your rut.

 

The 60 recipes in Side Dishes, Volume VI in the Mama's Legacy Cookbook Series is filled with quick and easy basic recipes, new ideas for old standbys, plus more complicated recipes that are elegant enough for entertaining. There is something for every occasion - including a few new and unusual dishes that I am sure your family and guests will appreciate. Hopefully, you will find a number of favorites that you will want to prepare often.

 

The first section is “How To” Instructions on Cooking Rice and Steaming Vegetables.  All the other recipes have been grouped in five categories: Pasta; Potatoes; Rice; Salads, and finally Vegetables and Fruits, which is the largest group. Most of the recipes range from very easy to easy with only a few which take a bit more time and effort.


Use your imagination and have fun mixing and matching the recipes.

 

 

SAUCE RECIPES – 60 Tasty Choices (Volume VII – Mama’s Legacy Series)


Often all you need to make a good meal or dessert great is the perfect sauce.

 

Sauce Recipes, Volume VII in the Mama’s Legacy Series is a special collection of recipes to accompany the other six volumes in the series.

 

The 50 recipes in this cookbook provide a wide variety of choices in several different categories:

  Sauces for grilling and roasting meat

  Sweet dessert sauces

  Essential classic sauces that every cook should know how to make

  Specialty sauces that are unique and do not fit into the other categories

  Sauces for meats and vegetables

  Sauces for pasta

 

Most of the sauces are fairly quick and easy to prepare, with the exception of a few that take a little more time and effort (but are so worth it) such as: Hot Caramel Sauce, Hot Fudge Sauce - The Real Deal, Sharon's Lasagna Sauce, and Classic Hollandaise Sauce.

 

I encourage you to try each one and find your favorites - first for your family and then, others that are perfect for entertaining. Play with the recipes.

 

Many of the recipes can be used in a variety of ways - be creative and have a good time!
 
If you want to make a good impression the next time you have company over for dinner, you need to grab these books.





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Vida Designs - A New Place to Get My Photographs

If you like fine photography and fashion, you can now get them both in one place. Voices - Vida now hosts an online shop of custom-designed...