Sunday, March 15, 2015

Running for AFSA Vice President-Retiree on the Future Forward AFSA Slate


Dear Friends:
I hope that this missive finds you all well.  I don’t normally send holiday letters, but the year 2015 promises to be a momentous one, and I wanted to share it with each of you.
Since my retirement from the Foreign Service in 2012, I have been actively involved with the American Foreign Service Association (AFSA), mainly with AFSA’s Committee on the Foreign Service Profession and Ethics (PEC), which I chaired from 2012 until the summer of 2014, and working with the outreach staff in explaining the Foreign Service and foreign affairs issues to audiences such as ROAD Scholars and others. I also served as the chair of the AFSA working group that developed the Chief of Mission Guidelines in 2013.
I have throughout my career been intensely interested in enhancing the Foreign Service as a career, and now in my retirement I have been able to take an active part in efforts to achieve that. After careful thought, I am now ready to take the next step, and am running for the position of Vice President-Retirees on the AFSA Governing Board in 2015.
I ask your support in what will be a challenging race. Along with nine other colleagues I am running as part of the Future Forward AFSA slate. Any active duty or retired AFSA member of any foreign affairs agency can vote.
For those of you who cannot vote, I ask your help in getting the word out online on Facebook or Twitter. You can also copy the Future Forward AFSA URL, http://www.futureforwardafsa.com/ and share it on other social media sites, such as LinkedIn and Tumblr.
The next couple of months will be busy, but I’m looking forward to it, and with your help, I’ll be able to move my involvement to the next level – to work with like-minded colleagues to build on AFSA’s strong record of accomplishment and maintain it as an independent voice for the Foreign Service, and to help build a Foreign Service that is capable of addressing our nation’s most complex diplomatic challenges.
Sincerely,

Charles Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Vida Designs - A New Place to Get My Photographs

If you like fine photography and fashion, you can now get them both in one place. Voices - Vida now hosts an online shop of custom-designed...