Monday, June 15, 2015

Where is the truth? Where is the Trust?

I'm fond of saying that I don't trust politicians, lawyers, and bureaucrats, in that order. Lately, though, I've decided to add a category to that list - advertisers. Not, mind you, that I believe everything I see advertised; but lately, it seems to have really gone over the top.

Forget the ads for miracle cures for everything from erectile dysfunction to eczema - which, by the way, have some pretty dreadful side effects - no, I'm talking about food advertising. In particular, I'm talking about ads for dog and cat food versus human food.

There's this one brand of pet food that assures the buyer it contains no corn, wheat, or soy products. The implication here is that these products are not good for your little bow bow or kitty cat. Okay, I'm good with that, except for one thing--have you ever looked at the ingredient label on the food YOU eat?  Here are a few I took from my pantry this morning. The images are fuzzy, but you can plainly see the presence of wheat, corn, and in one case possibly soy.





Now, my question is this: if these products are so bad for animals, why are they being fed to us humans?





JuiceBeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Vida Designs - A New Place to Get My Photographs

If you like fine photography and fashion, you can now get them both in one place. Voices - Vida now hosts an online shop of custom-designed...