Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: "Kismetology" by Jaimie Admans


Jaimie Admans is, in her own words, a young English-sounding Welsh girl, who has written a great first novel, Kismetology. MacKenzie lives with Dan, her significant other, three houses down from her domineering divorced mother. Wanting to get out from under her mum’s oppressive thumb, Mac sets out to find her a man. I found myself alternating between mirth and sadness as I followed Mac’s madcap antics. This is a romance, a wish-I’d-not-come-of-age, mystical ménage of crazy characters, merry misadventure, and deep feelings, put together better, I think, than I’ve ever seen a first effort done.

Kudos to Ms. Admans for an excellent effort. I have no doubt we’ll be seeing more and even better in the future.
Get "Grab the Brass Ring" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Vida Designs - A New Place to Get My Photographs

If you like fine photography and fashion, you can now get them both in one place. Voices - Vida now hosts an online shop of custom-designed...