Monday, February 13, 2012

"Poison Ivy": Great New Book by British Author

I seldom review a book after reading only the first chapter, but I'm making an exception for "Poison Ivy," by British author Daniel Kemp.  This is his first book, so one would expect it to be a bit rough, but I was pleasantly surprised at his deft use of the language, and how he built up the characters with minimum verbiage right from the beginning.  Along with that, he does a good job of establishing the setting without boring with paragraph after paragraph of tedious description; just a few phrases here and there to make you want to know more about the people in the story.

"Poison Ivy" will be published soon, and I strongly recommend it.  For a look at the first chapter that so enthralled me, check out Daniel's website.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you your very kind comments. I'm afraid however that the title is wrong. The novel is; THE DESOLATE GARDEN. The confusion is that every Chapter heading has something to do with a Garden. The first word of the English language that one the central characters of my book learnt was in fact 'Garden'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny: My mistake, andI do apologize. I should have read your blog more carefully. The Desolate Garden, however, is still a great read.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Vida Designs - A New Place to Get My Photographs

If you like fine photography and fashion, you can now get them both in one place. Voices - Vida now hosts an online shop of custom-designed...